Recipe: Traditional Macaroni and Cheese
Summary: Just like grandma used to make (if you are looking for healthy, this isn’t it. Looking for tasty? BINGO!
- 1 box elbow macaroni
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 2 tbsp flour
- 3 cups milk
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 cups grated sharp cheese
- Cook the macaroni
- Meanwhile, in a sauce pan melt the butter and add the flour, stirring until well blended and thick.
- Add milk, about 1/2 a cup at a time. Whisk until thick. Continuing adding milk until all combined.
- Add pepper.
- Add cheese. Whisk well, and until thickening.
- Drain pasta.
- Combine cheese sauce over pasta. Add into casserole dish.
- Grate additional cheese on top.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 25 minutes.
- Take out of the oven and let stand for 10 minutes.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 25 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 4