These are a great cookie to make with the kids. Mine love to help dump the ingredients into the pot and then help count the cookies as they go onto the cookie sheet.
2 c sugar
6 T cocoa
½ c butter
½ c milk
Pinch of salt
1 t vanilla (if deseried)
3 c rolled oats (I used large flake but any kind would work.)
- Mix together the sugar, cocoa, butter, milk and salt together in a medium sized pot.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high, stirring frequently.
- Let the mixture boil, without stirring, for 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Add vanilla and stand back! There will be some splattering.
- Stir in the oatmeal. If you’re using quick oats you’ll probably need more than 3 cups to absorb some of the liquid.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto parchment paper lined baking sheets.
- Let cool. Enjoy.
Makes at least 4 dozen. (I’ve gotten 5.5 dozen before!)
Submitted by: Ali @aligrimshaw